martes, noviembre 21, 2006

Bring your iPod shuffle Back to Life

There are several Web pages, Blogs and discussion forums pointing out the problem suffered by a large number of iPod Shuffle. The failure in question is known with the popular name of “Orange-Green Flash of Death”. In most of the cases, the iPod Shuffle is declared dead. That was my case, so the little device was put apart, somewhere on my desk, getting dust…

… until today…

I found this morning on Apples technical support page, without any bells or whistles, a reference to an “iPod shuffle Reset Utility 1.0”. The symptoms mentioned on the tool’s page describe very precisely the failure I had been suffering: alternating orange and green lights, the iPod being reported as a “Removable Disk” in My Computer in Windows without any possibility to read it or format it, etc.

Surprise! The program works and in a very simple way. All I had to do was download the Reset Utility, install it, make it run and connect the iPod shuffle to a USB port on the computer. A USB port on a keyboard or an external non-powered USB hub should not be used. Once the iPod is detected, simply click on the Restore button.

It worked for me after a few seconds, but according to Apple, several minutes might be necessary for the iPod to be detected.

I hope this will help some of you to solve your problem and recover your iPod. I think this is so important that I decided to publish this same article in Spanish and French.

Links:

No hay comentarios.: